After building my fighting game skillset with SSF4 ae for the last year and looking for new insights, I finally decided to expand my game repertoire with KoF XIII after all the Evo2012 hype I watched. Two days in, I can say I’m enjoying playing the game as much as watching it.
So, what characters to pick up?
Hey! A muay thai fighter with flip kicks and a flying knee attack, I’ve never done this before…
As such, Hwa was a natural transition. But as for the other two….. One of the interesting differences about KoF XIII is that a player needs to be proficient with multiple characters as a necessity unlike SSF4 Ae’s almost mono character culture. King’s fitting my playstyle really well as a point character. Anchor’s still up in the air, currently Shin is being tested out.
On to the SSF4 AE player to KoF XIII player observations:
- Everyone seems like Viper in that hyperjumping/short hopping is something that everyone has
- Hwa plays like Adon would if he were a combo character
- Feels faster paced than AE
- Lack of players with playable connections on XBL means long wait times between games
- Seems more button mash friendly than SSF4 Ae
- Don’t get stuck in the corner, ever. You will lose. The vast majority of the cast can do 50+% hp combos
I shoul start posting about KoF XIII on the site as well.