In Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition, Adon is a very strong character to main with his mobility and amazing normals. I’m compiling all of the resources that I have learned how to use Adon from as a way to help beginners quickly and effectively pick up Adon.
Start Here - Adon Overview on Option Select
The shoryuken forums on Adon – with information/clarification on everything you could be wondering/not covered by the videos above.
How to Footsies Well – One of the things that makes Adon so strong is his footsies game, learn it and use it.
For advanced SSF4 ae players – An advanced guide with frame data, block strings, comboes, etc.
Now, the Adon videos:
- The options select introduction to Adon. Skip if you watched the video from the first Adon link in this page.
- A short video on advanced techniques for Adon.
- One of the more difficult things to do with Adon is instant air jaguar kicks, here is a beginners guide on what to do.
- Insightful commentary by TheoryFighter on the Gamerbee vs Infiltration finals at evo2012.
Words of wisdom:
- Instant air jaguar kicks are different than ground jaguar kicks in that they can combo instead of break armor.
- Jaguar Tooth is useful as a feint by using the light kick version to draw out dp’s and such. Be careful though as many ults can punish a full screen jaguar tooth.
- Ex Jaguar kick and forward medium punch are both overheads.
- Standing strong kick hits twice thus breaking focus attacks and any other attacks with armor.
- Medium jaguar kicks hop over fireballs and hit opponents.
- Ult 1 does the same thing and can hit most characters from a full screen away if done on reaction.
- Know your spacing, whiffing a jaguar kick into a neutral jump means eating a free meaty combo.
If you have any other tips/words of wisdom for anybody else learning Adon or any questions, help everybody else out by leaving a comment below.